I’ll start by confessing I didn’t take any pictures today. The boys and I went down to Dalton, OH to the Amstutz farm. My mom’s cousin was gracious enough to teach me how to can fruit. We did a bushel and a half of peaches today. 24 quart jars. I am very excited and am already trying to find good deals online for canning supplies. If my ambition holds strong I’m going to try pears and applesauce yet this fall. Every nook and cranny of every closet will have a resident in this house. We’re busting at the seems already and I’m shoving in jars by the dozen.
On another note, for the past few weeks I have been desperately trying to lose the last 5 pounds I gained after Joey and can’t seem to shake them. Every day after work Mark takes the boys for 45 minutes so I can exercise, so I have no excuse. I have been watching what I eat and drinking plenty of fluids, but nothing seems to stick. I lose one pound one week and then gain it back in the next day or two. Then I get really frustrated and exercise like crazy – lost two pounds and then gain those back. I’m stuck and frustrated. I’ve tried everything from counting calories to high protein to no sugar. So now I’m back to square one and wondering if it’s really worth all the trouble. If being my goal weight means never eating desert again or never enjoying a glass of wine is the extra 5 pounds just going to stick around (literally around my butt).
That was probably all a little too personal but I needed to vent and I think Mark is tired of hearing me complain :)
Oh, I know how you feel!
ReplyDelete