Pages

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Birthday Boy

Just when you think you’re getting ahead…bam…life hits ya with a birthday! Peter turns 3 today. On most birthday occassions it’s all about the cake and the presents (and by no means is this any different) – Peter has some awesome train cupcakes and is getting all sorts of presents. But it’s the little comments that are sneaking up on me this year. While on the phone with my mom the other night discussing what she would like to send Peter she mentioned, “He only turns 3 once y’know.” And obviously, logically I knew this, and I believe every 3 year old knows this with the way they ham it up. At least my 3 year old is. But man did it hit me like a mack truck. Peter will never be 2 again. Joey will never be 11 months again and I will never be 26 again (just thought I’d throw that out there). As I was just getting over this concept, Mark has to go and add last night in casual conversation with Peter, “Peter is this your last bath as a 2 year old?” Such a simple thought and it got me thinking of all the great times we had with a 2 year old Peter. With all that being said, I was super excited to send Peter off to preschool this fall, thinking it would be oober easy. Now I’m not so sure about the easy part. (Don’t worry he’s still going to preschool – this lapse of emotion I’m sure will only last until he throws another block at my head – or Joey’s head, which is currently a slight shade of purple as he got into the marker bin this morning – who knew an 11 month old could pull off marker caps??)
Anyway, here’s a few more images to add to the bunch…

IMG_0859IMG_0856
Peter loves his new markers from aunt Kim                                         Peter jumps in Joey’s bed to read to him. Luckily
                                                                                                         the book does most the reading (thanks to Ruru)

IMG_0879


Daddy’s vacuum buddy.
“Just a little more daddy -  I left some cheerios over here”

















Not too bad for a late night project. Percy James and Thomas all wished Peter a happy birthday.
Peter ate percy first.

IMG_0882
IMG_0887


Birthday boy all geared up. Joey is practising his whistle lips. It didn’t take him long to figure out how to make the whistle work. Now he can make noises just like his brother.


















We started the grueling task of trying to get Peter to not suck his thumb during the day. When he thinks he needs a little sucking time he tries to hid. See Exhibit A.
IMG_0888




















As for Joey, he is easily entertained these days. Give the boy a ball and he’s good for 20 minutes. Throw the ball, get the ball, throw the ball, get the ball….



No comments:

Post a Comment