Last Saturday, Mark and I ran in our first 5k run for the summer. Kendra came and kept the boys entertained while we were running. Peter even ran a 1k fun run.
Peter sizes up the competition…
He’s about half way done here – still going strong.
We learned our lesson for the next race. Peter actually is very capable of running this distance he just gets distracted/lost (who knew the numbers on the track were so fascinating). When he finished the 1k race he got the concept and continued to run 2 full laps of the track without us. Next time we’ll just have to find him a running buddy.
Mark finished first in his age group with 27 minutes and a few seconds (I forget the time). And I finished in 29:40.
I’m only posting this picture so I can tell you the funny story. Mark did indeed get first in his age group…however he did place 41st overall. Kendra kindly took pictures of us as we came back in the stadium to finish and she just happened to snap as Mark was getting passed by Cori Dike (an aquitance of mine through kids activities). What you can see is she is pushing her 2 year old Nixon in the jogger, but what you probably can’t see is that she is 36 weeks pregnant. Sorry Mark.
Joey checks out the elephant.
Mother’s Day
Mother’s Day was fantastic! It all started with a pancake breakfast in bed…
The boys thought I needed to share it looked so good. I had coffee in bed :)
Mark and I enjoyed a great lunch date since our normal Sunday evening babysitter had a soccer tournament that night. Is it bad to ditch the kids on mother’s day? I hope not because I loved it!
Joey navigates a sticky situation.
Mark and the boys built the benches and table out at the firepit after nap time. We roasted a few marshmallows before calling it a night. What a great day!!
No comments:
Post a Comment